O my soul do not aspire for immortal life but exhaust the limits of the possible.Pindar
Our mission is to become The Cloud Infrastructure Services Company and use cloud computing, investing, and venture building to enable climate solutions. By 2030 we will help reduce CO2 emissions by half of what they are in 2021 (59 gigatons/year) and to net-zero by 2050. Our success is measured in two numbers: Return on Invested Capital and the Reduction of Global CO2 Emissions.
To achieve our mission, there are two fundamental things we focus on. First, we think like investors and allocate capital and incentivize people to apply creative destruction faster. Secondly, we fulfill our business objectives:
- Accelerate the adoption of climate friendly cloud technologies across industries and consistently make them easier to use and deploy to bring down the cost of innovation.
- Invest excess cash pursuing #1 into investments and advocacy that primarily focus on climate change.
- While doing #1 and #2 see if there are any tools we can build that make our lives easier and create them as SaaS tools.
- Self-Belief. Without self-belief nothing else matters. The most important aspect to anything is the belief in oneself. Every other principle arises out of that.
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs. Without the base physiological needs met, we will not be effective in any endeavor. Before we can be effective as leaders we must meet these needs.
- Time Management. There is only so much time in the day. You must be more effective with your time and delegate as many things as possible.
- Knowledge. The world is constantly evolving, we must take new knowledge and quickly apply it.
- Influence and Power. To make things happen in the world, you need to understand how to get other people to do things.
- Investing. Understand how capital flows in a capitalist society.
- Customer First. All decisions start with the customer in mind. If a business cannot benefit the customer then a business will not succeed.
- Hacker. Get things working without worrying about making things pretty or overthinking. Action first.
- Long-Term Thinking. Think in terms of decades and build the world that you want to inhabit.
- People, Ideas, Technology. In That Order. Always start with people and serving them, from there pick the ideas and technology that lead to the outcome you want.
- OODA (Observe, Orient, Decide, Act). Decisions must be made quickly and with the right tempo.
- Sheepdog. Help and benefit the world.
Finance & Infrastructure
The primary objective of a company is the time from order to collecting cash while removing any non-value adding tasks to deliver the order.Taiichi Ohno
opsZero is a Cloud Infrastructure Services Company providing products & services for Linux, the Public Cloud, Kubernetes, Serverless, WebAssembly, and Web3. The mission of opsZero is to make building and running backend systems more efficient by using fewer resources while increasing the rate at which companies innovate. This value is delivered by aggressively turning any fixed costs into variable costs.
opsZero Capital’s mission is to solve Climate Change with Capitalism. It does this by investing in various asset classes and donating to advocacy groups that promote climate change policy.
opsZero Ventures builds hyperfocused single-purpose businesses that doing out of our own itch.
- Press Release. Every product needs to start with a clear well defined press release that explains the product and who has the problem.
- Competitor Analysis. Figure out what the existing solutions are and what the pros and cons of their solution. Every competitor has a benefit and a con, with the internet there may even be a free solution that does everything you want.
- Partner Analysis.
- Customer Development.
- Single-Threaded Team
- Product Design
- Engineering Spec
- Support & Help
- Marketing (Listings & Distribution)
- Marketing (Demand Generation)
- 7 Powers & Continuous Improvement