O my soul do not aspire for immortal life but exhaust the limits of the possible.Pindar
YerraCo builds Businesses based on our Capabilities in Investing & Trading, Cloud & Automation, and Climate Technologies. Our Businesses are built by finding and enabling people who continuously apply our Principles and Playbook to create value for our customers and society. If we are successful, we are rewarded with:
- Yearly Return on Invested Capital greater than 25%.
- Year Over Year Revenue Growth of 15%
That which you see as other than righteousness and unrighteousness, other than all this cause and effect, other than what has been and what is to be—Tell me THAT.Katha Upanishad
YerraCo doesn’t have rules per say.
Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.Gustave Flaubert
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs. Ensure all parts of our hierarchy of needs are being fulfilled to reach self-actualization.
- Humility and Respect. Be humble and always show respect to others no matter their rank or role in society.
- Time Management. Every single person has 24 hours in a day, learn to leverage time.
- Knowledge. Understand the world broadly, synthesize new knowledge, and quickly apply and share it.
- Influence and Power. We need others to fulfill what we want, we must learn to work with others in a non-zero sum way.
- Accountable. We must be accountable for what we create in the world. Finger pointing doesn’t solve problems. If shit hits the fan, we step up and fix it.
To every man upon this earthThomas Babington Macaulay, Lays of Ancient Rome
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his gods.
It is in action alone that you have a claim,Bhagavad Gita, 2:47
never at any time to the fruits of such action.
Never let the fruits of action be your motive;
never let your attachment be to inaction.
- Customer First. Start and end with creating value for the customer.
- Hacker. Get things done with fewer resources.
- Observe, Orient, Decide, Act. Continuous improvement through high tempo experimentations.
- Think Long-Term. Have a vision for the future we are building.
- People, Ideas, Technology. In That Order. Enable people, then have them pick the ideas and technology to build.
Capabilities are deep dives of knowledge in the problem spaces where we can provide exceptional value. Capabilities are developed by continuously uncovering problems and creating and delivering value through innovative solutions. Capabilities are complementary, solving problems in one advances the another.
- Investing & Trading: Invest and Trade across Asset Classes, including Stocks, Crypto, Real Estate, and Futures.
- Cloud & Automation: Use the Cloud to Increase the Rate of Innovation.
- Climate Technologies: Mitigate Climate disaster by deploying Climate solutions.
YerraCo is structured as a loose set of businesses that work to create value for the customer while continuously developing new capabilities. As new capabilities are developed, new businesses are created if we can provide better value. The Playbook encompasses how we build our businesses and encompasses three things:
- People Playbooks to continuously develop and enable the people who build the company.
- Systems Playbook for the Monorepo, Cloud infrastructure, Knowledge Sharing Systems, and Cadence.
- Business Playbook to continuously deliver more value to our customers while simplifying our ability to deliver that value.
|opsZero||DevOps for Startups|
|MakeProspect||Marketing & Sales for Startups|
|climate.sh||Investing to Fight Climate Change|
|Yerra Capital||Multi-Asset Investing and Trading|
|Surya Properties||New Flats for Sale in Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Bill Chucktown||Climate Focused Real Estate Development in Charleston, South Carolina|
So fulfill your desire for power and everything else, and after you have fulfilled the desire, [there] will come the time when you will know that they are all very little things; but until you have fulfilled this desire, until you have passed through that activity, it is impossible for you to come to the state of calmness, serenity, and self-surrender.Swami Vivekananda
Abhi Yerra is the founder of opsZero, a Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps company started in 2016. Before that, he worked as a backend software engineer at startups like SpeakerText, CloudCrowd, Lookout, and VSCO. He studied History at UC Berkeley.